Sir Paul Mccartney confirms Olympics performance
London: Beatles legend Paul Mccartney has confirmed that he will be performing at the Olympics opening ceremony this summer.
The 69-year-old musician has said earlier this year that he was in talks to play a pivotal role in the 2012 sporting spectacle in London, and now he has confirmed his slot.
"I`ve been booked. I would be closing the opening on 27 July," Mccartney said while speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live Drive.
Oscar-winning filmmaker Danny Boyle is in charge of the opening ceremony, which is inspired by the theme `Isles of Wonder`.
The Fab Four icon proved he knows how to put on a scene-stealing finale after closing Queen Elizabeth II`s Diamond Jubilee concert in London on Monday.