Taylor Swift`s `Shake It Off` song offensive: Earl Sweatshirt
Los Angeles: Rapper Earl Sweatshirt has slammed Taylor Swift`s new single `Shake It Off`, calling it harmful and offensive.
The 20-year-old hip-hop artist from the Odd Future group said though he has not watched the video, he knows the song is in poor taste, reportedly.
"Haven`t watched the Taylor Swift video and I don`t need to watch it to tell you that it`s inherently offensive and ultimately harmful.
"Perpetuating black stereotypes to the same demographic of white girls who hide their prejudice by proclaiming their love of the culture," he wrote on his Twitter page.
Swift is seen trying on various costumes and outfits, in the video, including a ballerina getup and gyrating while wearing a pair of skimpy cut-off jean shorts, knee pads, high-top white tennis shoes, a cropped leopard print jacket, and gold hoop earrings and layered chain necklaces.
She is backed by six dancers of different ethnicities, who dance behind her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm even happier: Father-to-be George Clooney
- Karan Johar takes his twins – Yash and Roohi – home
- Rajinikanth pens OPEN LETTER thanking Sri Lankan Tamils for support!
- Karan Johar's reaction on hearing Kangana Ranaut's name is EPIC!
- Beyhadh written update, March 28, 2017: Maya shocks Arjun with her pregnancy news!
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!