Taylor Swift`s `Shake It Off` song offensive: Earl Sweatshirt
Los Angeles: Rapper Earl Sweatshirt has slammed Taylor Swift`s new single `Shake It Off`, calling it harmful and offensive.
The 20-year-old hip-hop artist from the Odd Future group said though he has not watched the video, he knows the song is in poor taste, reportedly.
"Haven`t watched the Taylor Swift video and I don`t need to watch it to tell you that it`s inherently offensive and ultimately harmful.
"Perpetuating black stereotypes to the same demographic of white girls who hide their prejudice by proclaiming their love of the culture," he wrote on his Twitter page.
Swift is seen trying on various costumes and outfits, in the video, including a ballerina getup and gyrating while wearing a pair of skimpy cut-off jean shorts, knee pads, high-top white tennis shoes, a cropped leopard print jacket, and gold hoop earrings and layered chain necklaces.
She is backed by six dancers of different ethnicities, who dance behind her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- Attention Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol! Watch – Belly dancers give new twist to ‘Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam’
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band