Taylor Swift`s `Shake It Off` song offensive: Earl Sweatshirt
Los Angeles: Rapper Earl Sweatshirt has slammed Taylor Swift`s new single `Shake It Off`, calling it harmful and offensive.
The 20-year-old hip-hop artist from the Odd Future group said though he has not watched the video, he knows the song is in poor taste, reportedly.
"Haven`t watched the Taylor Swift video and I don`t need to watch it to tell you that it`s inherently offensive and ultimately harmful.
"Perpetuating black stereotypes to the same demographic of white girls who hide their prejudice by proclaiming their love of the culture," he wrote on his Twitter page.
Swift is seen trying on various costumes and outfits, in the video, including a ballerina getup and gyrating while wearing a pair of skimpy cut-off jean shorts, knee pads, high-top white tennis shoes, a cropped leopard print jacket, and gold hoop earrings and layered chain necklaces.
She is backed by six dancers of different ethnicities, who dance behind her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseer and I share emotional intelligence: Kalki Koechlin
- Want 'Sarbjit' to release in Pakistan: Omung Kumar
- Aryan Khan, Navya Naveli's 'Muck Up Day' picture is HERE!
- Sorry IPL, AbRam Khan stole thunder last night – Watch video
- Here’s what Kangana Ranaut’s father has to say about her legal battle with Hrithik Roshan
- Watch: ‘Housefull 3’ gang – Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh and Abhishek Bachchan – in ‘Taang Uthakey’ teaser
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!