Taylor Swift sued over canceled Capital Hoedown concert
Los Angeles: Country star Taylor Swift has reportedly been sued after receiving a USD 2.5 million payment to headline Capital Hoedown`s 2012 music festival, which was canceled by organizers.
A complaint has been filed in a New York federal court by ticketing company FIRE USA Inc claiming Swift, 22, accepted the money and refused to "reschedule a new appearance" which "amounted to a breach" of her contract, reported E! online.
FIRE decided to take action against Swift after credit card payment process company Evo Merchant Services sued them over the reported USD 1.8 million they lost in refunding tickets.
When the announcement was made in July that the Capital Hoedown 2012 festival would be canceled, organizers said it was due to zoning problems and higher-than-expected costs.
Swift`s representative said that the singer never made a deal with the ticket company and has not seen the lawsuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!