Chitrangada Singh turns Marilyn Monroe on ramp
New Delhi: Bollywood actress Chitrangada Singh did a Marilyn Monroe, imitating the Hollywood screen siren`s moves as she danced to the beats of `Diamonds Are a Girl`s Best Friend` on the ramp at the India Couture Week.
The song, introduced by Carol Channing in the original Broadway production of `Gentlemen Prefer Blondes`, is most famously performed by Monroe in the 1953 film of the same name.
Donning a black off shoulder ball gown, romantic wavy hair and an exquisite diamond neck piece, the 38-year-old actress swirled her way on the ramp and her fun and flirty moves were similar to what Monroe was seen doing in the classic song.
"The whole idea was to give a feel of Marilyn Monroe. The diamond neck piece was the reason we decided to do it on stage. I was nervous because no one can do it the way Marilyn did but I had fun. I am glad people appreciated it," Chitrangada said.
The 38-year-old actress was one of the show stoppers at the grand finale of ICW, the other being Bipasha Basu.
Chitrangada was last seen on the big screen in `I, Me Aur Main`, which released last year.
When asked about her future projects, she revealed there are three films in the pipeline.
"The first is `Aur Devdas`, then I am doing a film tentatively titled `Banddokbaaz` opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui and one with Randeep Hooda," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!