I don`t think I am sexy: Ryan Gosling
London: Ryan Gosling says he is bemused by his sex symbol status and does not consider himself a traditional leading man.
"I don`t think of myself as particularly good looking and not at all a typical leading man actor. I have a greater affinity for characters who aren`t mainstream leading man kinds of roles, although I enjoy playing basically any character as long as the film has something interesting to say about life," he said.
The actor also said he is not in this profession for money or fame, reported Showbizspy.
"I hate feeling that I`m just doing a job for a pay check. The whole notion of being a movie star is part of the myth-making process that goes on in the film business. You create this great illusion on screen and then the illusion is taken to a different level when actors become mythologised.
"I`ve been fortunate to appear in a few romantic films, which impart a kind of leading man aura onto you. I don`t think that`s my destiny as an actor and I`m not pursing those kinds of roles."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's new show to 'celebrate' goodness in life
- Hema Malini, Khayyam pay tribute to Ravindra Jain
- Depression not limited to glamour and filmdom alone: Deepika
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!