Kim Cattrall and Uma Thurman competing for `Fifty Shades of Grey` role
London: `Sex And The City` star Kim Cattrall has revealed that she is being considered for the role of an older temptress in the film adaptation of the erotic novel ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey.’
The 56-year-old actress has been tipped for the part of Elena, an older housewife who first seduces leading man Christian Grey and introduces him to the world of bondage, the Daily Express reported.
Cattrall confirmed that she heard reports she is going up against Uma Thurman for the job, and admits she hasn’t ruled out tackling another saucy character after playing maneater Samantha Jones in the ‘Sex And The City’ franchise.
“As far as I’ve heard, it’s between me... I’m duking it out, unintentionally, in people’s minds with Uma Thurman at the moment! That’s based on a lot of people’s blogs and desires. As far as I know they are just writing the script so I think the casting process is a little bit further down the pipe than it is now,” she told Australia’s ‘The Kyle and Jackie O Show.’
The actress insists she is amazed by the success of author E.L. James’ Fifty Shades trilogy, adding, “It’s been such a sensation, truly extraordinary. Women especially are getting it on their Kindles (electronic book devices) so nobody knows what they`re reading.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'