Michael Douglas and Matt Damon get intimate
London: Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have got intimate in new Liberace biopic, `Behind the Candelabra`, which details the flamboyant star`s secret gay relationship.
The Liberace biopic, which focuses on the famous pianist`s secret affair with gay lover Scott Thorson, is set to compete for the Palme d`Or prize at the 66th annual Cannes Film Festival and director Steven Soderbergh has revealed that the stars were unafraid to tackle risque scenes in the flick, reported Contactmusic.
"Michael, he was just fearless. They both are. The movie just doesn`t work if they don`t both literally join hands and jump off the cliff. It`s intimate stuff, even if it was a guy and a girl. But for a lot of people it`ll be hard to see Jason Bourne on top of Gordon Gekko," the director said.
He added of Damon`s risk-taking role, "Matt doesn`t have anything to protect. That`s not how he makes his decisions. He makes his decisions based on whether he`s engaged by the piece or not. If it turns out to be something that`s really gonna push him as a performer, even better."
`Behind the Candelabra` is based on Scott Thorson`s 1988 autobiography, detailing his secret relationship with the flamboyant musician.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!