Shanghai stages half-naked bike ride to promote green energy
Shanghai: Half-naked men and women in bikinis took part in an annual bicycle ride to promote the use of green energy, healthy lifestyle and zero-carbon transportation in this Chinese metropolis.
More than 30 people rode in the third annual event from the Orient Sports Center to the Binjiang Park in Shanghai`s Pudong New Area last week, a leading daily reported Sunday.
The event was supported by the China Communist Youth League.
"I am tired of the pressure of staying in the office all day. This is a wonderful platform to relax and meet friends. It is also a good approach to promote green commuting and to raise public consciousness of green energy," said a participant, Han Guqiao.
Another participant, Shen Jiajin, said he supports low petrol dependency.
However, this year`s programme was not as successful from last year`s, which attracted about 200 people.
The event founder said they had been expecting more than 100 people, including some from the US, Germany and Australia but they did not turn up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala