`Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde` likely to be remade in Tamil
Nithiin Reddy-starrer Telugu romantic-comedy `Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde` (GJG) is likely to have a Tamil remake soon.
Thanks to the overwhelming success of the film, it has become a sought after story in the remake circuit.
"Leading producers from Tamil have already expressed interest in the remake. Talks are on with multiple producers, but in all probability, it will be remade in Tamil by the same producers who made the film in Telugu," a source from the film`s unit said.
Directed by debutant Vijay Kumar Konda, featuring Isha Talwar and Nithya Menon in the leads, GJG released worldwide April 19. It was produced by Nikitha Reddy, Nithiin`s sister, and Vikram Goud.
Made on a budget of Rs.11 crore, the film raked in approximately Rs.3.5 crore in its opening weekend in Andhra Pradesh.
"The film has registered best ever opening for a Nithiin film. In the opening weekend in Andhara Pradesh, it minted approximately Rs.3.5 crore and is running to packed houses all over," trade analyst Trinath said.
"It is likely to break even in the following week. The film`s satellite rights have already been sold for Rs.3.2 crore," he added.
GJG is Nithiin`s second hit in a row. His last blockbuster was Telugu romantic-drama `Ishq`, also with Nithya Menon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody