`Jabardasth` mints Rs. 5.38 crore worldwide on first day
Chennai: Siddharth-starrer Telugu romantic-comedy ‘Jabardasth’ collected approximately Rs.5.38 crore worldwide on the day of its release.
The movie released Friday, a day after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad.
"The film collected approximately Rs.5.38 crore on its opening day. It`s surprising that the film managed to rake in such good numbers despite the serial blasts in Hyderabad the previous day," trade analyst Trinath told reporters.
The film is directed by Nandini Reddy. It also stars Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Nithya Menen, Sri Hari, Vennela Kishore and Tagubothu Ramesh.
"Here you go. Despite the fact that we lost a chunk of our Nizam opening owing to the blasts, `Jabardasth` grossed over Rs.5 crore on its first day," tweeted Siddharth.
Loosely based on Bollywood blockbuster ‘Band Baja Baaraat’, the story of the film revolves around the protagonist, who in an effort to overcome a financial crisis joins hands with the heroine in her wedding planning business.
The film is produced by Bellam Konda Suresh. It has music by S.S Thaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!