`Meeruthiya Gangsters` to go on floors June 15
Chennai: `Meeruthiya Gangsters`, written and directed by Zeishan Quadri - the writer of `Gangs Of Wasseypur` - was launched here and the shooting will begin June 15.
Prateek Group in association with Friday to Friday Films & Entertainers launched “Meeruthiya Gangsters” Monday.
"The intention of ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters’ is realistic cinema at its best packaged and presented as pure commercial entertainment. We have chosen a cast which have proven their mettle in the acting field,” Quadri said in a statement.
Based on a real life incident, it features actors like Aakash Dahiya, Vansh Bhardwaj, Jaideep Ahlawat and Jatin Sarna.
"We are proud to be a part of a project where we believe that the content is king. We believe that the story should be able to bind and hold the audience instead of stars. And we intend to produce more such films in that belief,” said Prashant Tiwari, chairman, Prateek Group.
The film`s shooting will begin in western Uttar Pradesh and Noida from June 15 and it is expected to release in February 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Veteran actor Dilip Kumar doing fine, thanks fans for prayers!
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities
- Anushka Sharma says marriage is on cards!
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Cho Ramaswamy passes away: Tamil film personalities may homage
- Cho Ramaswamy was a multi-dimensional film personality
- Sridevi posts an old classic pic with Jayalalithaa on Twitter
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters