`Naayak` collects Rs.27.56 crore in first two days
Chennai: Telugu actor Ram Charan Teja`s action-thriller ‘Naayak’ has raked in Rs.27.56 crore worldwide within the first two days of release.
The movie hit the screens Jan 9.
"The film had tremendous opening in Andhra Pradesh on the day of its release. It amassed over Rs.10 crore on the first day. The overall collection in the first two days from all over the world comes to Rs. 27.56 crore," Trinath, a trade analyst said.
"Since it was released during the middle of the week, the film still has two more days over the weekend to increase profit drastically," he added.
Directed by V.V Vinayak, ‘Naayak’ also features Kajal Agarwal and Amala Paul in key parts. Other cast members include Brahmanandam, Jayaprakash Reddy, M.S Narayana, Ashish Vidyarthi and Rahul Dev.
The film is also said to be doing well in the overseas market.
"Telugu film `Naayak` has embarked upon a fantabulous start in the US," tweeted Mumbai-based trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
The film, which was produced by D.V.V Danayya, features Ram in a dual role for the first time. It is the story of one man`s fight against the wrong doings in society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better