`Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu` earns Rs.9.81 crore on first day
Chennai: Telugu family drama ‘Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu’, (SVSC) has got an overwhelming opening as it has earned Rs.9.81 crore on its first day in Andhra Pradesh.
"This is probably the best ever opening for a multi-starrer in Telugu. SVSC has collected Rs.9.81 crore in Andhra Pradesh on its opening day and is also doing extremely well in the other parts of the country," Trade analyst Trinath said.
Directed by Srikanth Addala, SVSC stars Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh alongside Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Anjali. The film brings forth the importance of familial ties through the story of two brothers.
Buoyed by the response to the film, which released worldwide Jan 11, producer Dil Raju has planned special shows for women.
"Since it`s a family story, we`re thinking of organising special screening for women on Jan 14, Jan 15 and Jan 16," said Raju.
Released via 14 Reels Entertainment overseas, the film has recorded best ever opening for a Telugu film abroad.
According to Taran Adarsh`s tweet, SVSC`s Friday collection in the US was $338,228 from 67 locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prayers for Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ji's health, tweets Rishi Kapoor
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody