25 visually challenged people attend Tamil film screening
Chennai: In a heartwarming gesture about 25 visually challenged people under the care of city based NGO Raindropss were taken by them to attend the special screening of the latest Tamil film `Cuckoo`.
They listened to the dialogue and music of the movie, which revolves around issues and romance played by the visually challenged lead characters.
The male lead Tamizh is essayed by actor Dinesh (who earlier acted in Tamil movie Attakathi) while the heroine is Sudhanthirakodi, played by debutant Malavika Nair.
The movie is directed by Raju Murugan.
Raindropss focuses on social awareness to the public through entertainment and media. Playback singer and double Oscar winner A R Rahman`s sister A R Raihanah, is the brand ambassador for the NGO, a press release said.
"We wanted to make these visually challenged people happy and took them to the film, listen to the dialogue and music", Raindropss Founder Aravind Jayabal said.
Raju Murugan, cinematographer Varma and hero Dinesh were present at the screening along with the visually challenged people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport