25 visually challenged people attend Tamil film screening
Chennai: In a heartwarming gesture about 25 visually challenged people under the care of city based NGO Raindropss were taken by them to attend the special screening of the latest Tamil film `Cuckoo`.
They listened to the dialogue and music of the movie, which revolves around issues and romance played by the visually challenged lead characters.
The male lead Tamizh is essayed by actor Dinesh (who earlier acted in Tamil movie Attakathi) while the heroine is Sudhanthirakodi, played by debutant Malavika Nair.
The movie is directed by Raju Murugan.
Raindropss focuses on social awareness to the public through entertainment and media. Playback singer and double Oscar winner A R Rahman`s sister A R Raihanah, is the brand ambassador for the NGO, a press release said.
"We wanted to make these visually challenged people happy and took them to the film, listen to the dialogue and music", Raindropss Founder Aravind Jayabal said.
Raju Murugan, cinematographer Varma and hero Dinesh were present at the screening along with the visually challenged people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Esha Gupta named Goodwill Ambassador for 'touching little heart'
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 35th anniversary of 'Yaarana', shares 'amazing memories'
- Know the latest gifting trend this festive season!
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- `Ae Dil Hai Mushkil` controversy: Pahlaj Nihalani lashes out at film associations backing MNS
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how
- Anurag Kashyap to make Tamil debut with 'Imaikaa Nodigal'