Accidentally missed Moon Moon`s name in award list: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Wednesday veteran actors Moon Moon Sen and Arindam Seal would also be honoured with the Mahanayak Uttam Kumar Samman instituted by her government.
The names of both stars were missing during the announcement of West Bengal`s top cine award a day earlier.
Sen, a Trinamool Congress MP, will be awarded with the `Mahanayika Samman` while Seal will get the Special Film Award (Acting).
"In my Facebook post yesterday (Tuesday) names of two eminent personalities, who will also be honoured with Mahanayak Uttam Kumar Awards on July 24 at a programme in Nazrul Mancha, were inadvertently missed out," Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress supremo, said in a fresh post Wednesday.
"My congratulations and best wishes to them," she added.
Leading Bengali matinee idol Dev and veteran actress Moushumi Chatterjee are the other recipients, whose names were announced Tuesday.
Dev alias Deepak Adhikari, also a Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha member, starred in Bengali film industry`s most expensive movie till date, "Chaander Pahar".
Moushumi Chatterjee, who shot to fame with the 1967 Bengali hit "Balika Badhu", made her presence felt in Bollywood with films like "Anuraag" and "Roti Kapada Aur Makaan". Her role in Indian-Canadian flick "Bollywood/Hollywood" also earned her rave reviews.
Both have been chosen for their "outstanding contribution to cinema".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'