Actress Shakeela back, but to direct clean movies
Kochi: Shakeela, who was the star of B-grade super hit Malayalam films, is back but says that she is here to direct and not to act in movies. She also clarified that her directorial venture would be a clean movie.
In 1990s and early 2000, she was hugely popular among movie buffs for her sensuous roles in many blockbusters.
Talking about her directorial venture ‘Neelakurinji’, Shakeela clarified: "Please don`t expect the film that I am going to direct same as the films that I acted in. This is about pain of a woman and it is not a glamorous film either."
She was here to participate in the `muhurat` of her directorial debut ‘Neelakurinji’. The title is inspired by the flower neelakurinji that blooms once in 12 years.
"My film would be one which could be seen by all," Shakeela, 40, told reporters.
She acted in more than 50 films in all southern languages and filled the gap left by Silk Smitha for a few years. ‘Kinnarathumbikal’ was one of her all-time hits.
She hopes to rope in her favourite actor Dileep to do a guest appearance in her directorial debut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ slams a century, makes it to Rs 100 crore club!
- Sanjay Dutt biopic: After Ranbir Kapoor, Paresh Rawal’s Sunil Dutt look leaked!
- Shahid Kapoor – Saif Ali Khan’s camaraderie is the cutest thing you will see today
- Varun Dhawan finally admits to being in a relationship with childhood sweetheart Natasha Dalal
- 'Lion' movie review: Dev Patel’s film will stay with you for a long time
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Veeram: Amitabh Bachchan unveils teaser of official theme song – WATCH, It’s intense!
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office