Audiences the best critic: Khushbu Sundar
Chennai: Southern actress Khushbu Sundar feels that the fate of a film at the box office is decided by the audiences, not critics. As much as she respects the views of critics, she feels the best critic of a film is its audience.
"With due respect to the critics, the best and the right critic for a movie is the audience. They decide whether the movie is good or bad," Khushbu posted on her Twitter page
"Movies that have been ripped apart by the critics have done extremely well at the box office and vice versa. To me, my audience is everything and that`s the story of success in every film making business all over the world," she further posted.
Elucidating with an example, she posted, ‘Anbe Sivam’ directed by my husband (Sundar C) was given thumbs up by the critics but it bombed miserably. ‘Giri’ and ‘Winner’ was torn (apart by the critics) but are huge hits".
Sundar C is known for directing several Tamil films such as ‘Arunachalam’, ‘Suyamvaram’ and ‘Kalakalappu’, among others. He is currently busy shooting for upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy ‘Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru’.
She also feels, "Movie making is an art of entertainment. Nobody is in cinema business to do social service. We do that in our own way".
Khushbu is currently busy hosting a Telugu television show called ‘Get Ready’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case