Bappi Lahiri learnt Tamil song in 10 minutes
Chennai: Bollywood composer-singer Bappi Lahiri, who recently crooned for upcoming Tamil movie ‘Karuppampatti’, learnt the song in just 10 minutes, says the film`s music composer.
"We wanted a disco song to suit the period flavour of the film and, therefore, approached Bappi sir for the song. After he agreed to do the song, we met him at his studio in Mumbai, where he got the song written in Bengali and learnt it in about 10 minutes," composer Kannan told reporters.
"What surprised me the most is that we recorded the song in about four hours. It is amazing how someone who doesn`t know the language can learn a song in it in a jiffy and record it in a few hours," he added.
The disco song titled ‘Disco Naughty Naughty Raja’ also marks 40 years of Bappi Lahiri in the industry.
The romantic comedy, directed by debutant Prabhu Raja Cholan, features Ajmal Ameer in the lead opposite Aparnaa Bajpai and Alice Tantardini. It also features Archana, MS Bhaskar, Jagan, Srinath and Devadarshini.
Sundar K. of Sundar Picture has produced the film, which is slated to release soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'