Bappi Lahiri learnt Tamil song in 10 minutes
Chennai: Bollywood composer-singer Bappi Lahiri, who recently crooned for upcoming Tamil movie ‘Karuppampatti’, learnt the song in just 10 minutes, says the film`s music composer.
"We wanted a disco song to suit the period flavour of the film and, therefore, approached Bappi sir for the song. After he agreed to do the song, we met him at his studio in Mumbai, where he got the song written in Bengali and learnt it in about 10 minutes," composer Kannan told reporters.
"What surprised me the most is that we recorded the song in about four hours. It is amazing how someone who doesn`t know the language can learn a song in it in a jiffy and record it in a few hours," he added.
The disco song titled ‘Disco Naughty Naughty Raja’ also marks 40 years of Bappi Lahiri in the industry.
The romantic comedy, directed by debutant Prabhu Raja Cholan, features Ajmal Ameer in the lead opposite Aparnaa Bajpai and Alice Tantardini. It also features Archana, MS Bhaskar, Jagan, Srinath and Devadarshini.
Sundar K. of Sundar Picture has produced the film, which is slated to release soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I have over-sensitivity issues, besides family only Karan Johar can understand me: Shah Rukh Khan
- Shahid Kapoor's LATEST PIC will surely leave you gasping for air!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘partner in crime’ Twinkle Khanna posts HILARIOUS video to celebrate 16 years of marriage – WATCH
- Will Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron come to India for 'Baywatch'? Priyanka Chopra says THIS
- Saif Ali Khan speaks about son Taimur Ali Khan’s name
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport
- ‘Baahubali’ director SS Rajamuli has THIS Indian Epic trilogy in the pipeline?