Bappi Lahiri learnt Tamil song in 10 minutes
Chennai: Bollywood composer-singer Bappi Lahiri, who recently crooned for upcoming Tamil movie ‘Karuppampatti’, learnt the song in just 10 minutes, says the film`s music composer.
"We wanted a disco song to suit the period flavour of the film and, therefore, approached Bappi sir for the song. After he agreed to do the song, we met him at his studio in Mumbai, where he got the song written in Bengali and learnt it in about 10 minutes," composer Kannan told reporters.
"What surprised me the most is that we recorded the song in about four hours. It is amazing how someone who doesn`t know the language can learn a song in it in a jiffy and record it in a few hours," he added.
The disco song titled ‘Disco Naughty Naughty Raja’ also marks 40 years of Bappi Lahiri in the industry.
The romantic comedy, directed by debutant Prabhu Raja Cholan, features Ajmal Ameer in the lead opposite Aparnaa Bajpai and Alice Tantardini. It also features Archana, MS Bhaskar, Jagan, Srinath and Devadarshini.
Sundar K. of Sundar Picture has produced the film, which is slated to release soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Love Day: Pyar Ka Din movie review Tedious and uninspiring
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Where nationalism is concerned, I don't think Bollywood is divided: Ajay Devgn
- Vaani Kapoor spreads 'Befikre' magic on Hrithik Roshan!
- 'Jurassic World' sequel to be bigger, grander: Glen McIntosh
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how
- Anurag Kashyap to make Tamil debut with 'Imaikaa Nodigal'