Commercial padding in films important: Jeevan
Chennai: Cinematographer-turned-director Jeevan is gearing up for the release of Tamil rural drama `Mosakutty` and says that irrespective of the genre, films need to have commercial elements to draw audiences to cinemas.
"It doesn`t matter what kind of film you make. You need commercial padding to attract the masses. Your film could be art-house, a biopic or even a thriller, it ought to appeal audiences commercially. Otherwise, it`s tough to make a profitable venture," Jeevan said.
The lukewarm response to his earlier films such as `Gnabagangal` and "Mayilu" made Jeevan realise the importance of commercial elements in movies.
"I focused too much on the central theme of my earlier films. Hence, they didn`t do well," he said.
"This time I`m not repeating my mistakes. `Mosakutty` has action, romance and even comedy to tick off the entertainment factor. But these elements are used in such a way that they don`t affect the core subject of my film," he added.
The film, which is gearing up for a September release, features Veera, Mahima Nambiar and Pasupathy in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt- Angelina Jolie divorce not about Jennifer Aniston: Courteney Cox
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai
- Smartphone addiction taking its toll on sleep: Study
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017