Dil Raju`s lucky number eleven
Chennai: Producer Dil Raju, who considers number eleven lucky, says he likes to take certain sentiments seriously. Therefore, he is releasing Junior NTR-starrer Telugu action-drama `Ramayya Vasthavayya` Oct 11.
"Some sentiments need to be taken seriously because they might work in your favour. I consider number eleven very lucky for me as my last film `Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu` (SVSC), which also released on eleventh of a different month, went on to be a blockbuster. I`m releasing `Ramayya Vasthavayya` on the same day for the same reason," Raju said.
SVSC starring Mahesh Babu and D. Venkatesh released Jan 11 this year.
Other reason why Raju was keen on releasing `Ramayya Vasthavayya` on Friday is director Harish Shankar`s last release `Gabbar Singh` released on May 11, 2012.
"I don`t think it`s a coincidence. I strongly believe in this sentiment, and therefore, convinced Harish and NTR on the date. They didn`t have any problem with it," he added.
Earlier, `Ramayya Vasthavayya` was scheduled to release Thursday on the occasion of Navratri as two of Raju`s earlier films, namely `Kotha Bangaru Lokam` and `Brindavanam`, released during the festive season and raked in moolah.
`Ramayya Vasthavayya` also stars Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Shruti Haasan in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56