Gautham Karthik gets emotional
Chennai: Debutant Tamil actor Gautham Karthik, who will be seen in Mani Ratnam`s romantic-drama ‘Kadal’, is happy that viewers have accepted him and sends them heartfelt thanks.
"You all are so kind to have accepted me. I don`t think I can begin to express how happy I feel. Thank you all for making this special," tweeted Gautham, son of Tamil actor Karthik.
Gautham is paired opposite Thulasi Nair, another debutant and daughter of Tamil actress Radha, in the film, which is written, directed and produced by Ratnam.
‘Kadal’, set against the lives of Christian fishermen, is coming out Feb 1. It also features Arvind Swamy, Arjun, Lakshmi Manchu and Thambi Ramaiah in important roles.
A.R. Rahman has composed the music for the film, which has cinematography by Rajiv Menon and editing by Sreekar Prasad.
The cast and crew are currently in Kerala giving finishing touches to the film.
"Off to Kerala for `Kadal` patch work! Yay I get to shoot for `Kadal` again," tweeted Thulasi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport