Jamia to host northeast film festival
New Delhi: The Jamia Millia Islamia university is set to hold a two-day northeast film festival - First Cut - from Friday.
In addition to screening of films, there will be a panel discussion too.
The university`s Centre for North East Studies and Policy Research has collaborated with AJK Mass Communication Research Centre to organise the festival, a statement said.
Films like "Where There Are No Roads", "Revelation" and "The Nine Months" will be shown during the festival.
A panel discussion will be held Aug 17 on "Our Films, Their Films" with well-known faces from the northeast film industry like Maulee Senapati, Sanjoy Hazarika and Utpal Borpujari, among others. This will be followed by an interaction with the participants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai
- Smartphone addiction taking its toll on sleep: Study
- SHOCKING! Tannishtha Chatterjee walks out of 'Comedy Nights Bachao' over racist jokes
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017