Kamal Haasan ropes in his mentor Balachander for next
Chennai: Legendary filmmaker K. Balachander will essay an important role in Kamal Haasan-starrer Tamil comedy ‘Uthama Villain’, which will go on floors soon after the release of ‘Vishwaroopam 2’.
Balachander, known for shaping Kamal`s career, worked with the actor in over 30 films since 1973 Tamil drama ‘Arangetram’.
"It`s true that Balachander will be playing an important role. He will be sporting a beard for it. On Kamal`s personal request, he agreed to be part of the project. It will be a role very close to his real life personality," a source from the film`s unit said.
In 2010, Balachander had starred in Tamil romantic drama ‘Rettaisuzhi’.
‘Uthama Villain’, written by Kamal, will be directed by his best friend Ramesh Arvind, also a student of Balachander.
The film will follow the story of an ageing superstar, which will be played by Kamal.
"The film will only go on floors after the release of `Vishwaroopam 2`. Kamal has also roped in his favourite dialogue writer `Crazy` Mohan for the film," the source added.
In the past, Mohan penned dialogues for several comedies starring Kamal such as ‘Michael Madana Kama Rajan’, ‘Apoorva Sagodharargal’, ‘Avvai Shanmugi’ and ‘Panchathantiram’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport
- ‘Baahubali’ director SS Rajamuli has THIS Indian Epic trilogy in the pipeline?