Marathi audience accepts films with unique concepts: Riteish Deshmukh
Mumbai: Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh, whose upcoming Marathi production ‘Yellow’ deals with children with special needs, says films with unique concepts gain wider acceptance among Marathi audiences compared to Hindi.
"I had not seen any film on such subject and I felt that I must make the film, so we made it in Marathi," Riteish said here in an interview.
"It is much easier to make such films in Marathi than Hindi because the Marathi audience accepts such unique subjects more as compared to the Hindi audience," he added.
‘Yellow’ is Riteish`s second Marathi production venture, after hit film ‘Balak Palak’.
"I think we were able to justify this (the subject of `Yellow`) more in Marathi," the actor said.
"If we have to remake it in Hindi, then we will have to work on it or do something else," he added.
‘Yellow’ features Gauri Gadgil, whom the film is based on, in the lead.
Riteish said: " `Yellow` is an out and out emotional rollercoaster ride that will make you laugh. It`s a sports film and also has an exciting climax."
Directed by Mahesh Limaye, ‘Yellow’ also features Upendra Limaye, Aishwaraya Narkar, Usha Nadkarni and Mrunal Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unique ideas that will help you immortalise your wedding
- Bigg Boss 10: Will Om Swami be the next India wala to face eviction?
- Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone – who will romance a Chinese star after Salman Khan?
- Pakistan’s Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan in Bollywood: Ban will never be lifted?
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how