Marathi audience accepts films with unique concepts: Riteish Deshmukh
Mumbai: Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh, whose upcoming Marathi production ‘Yellow’ deals with children with special needs, says films with unique concepts gain wider acceptance among Marathi audiences compared to Hindi.
"I had not seen any film on such subject and I felt that I must make the film, so we made it in Marathi," Riteish said here in an interview.
"It is much easier to make such films in Marathi than Hindi because the Marathi audience accepts such unique subjects more as compared to the Hindi audience," he added.
‘Yellow’ is Riteish`s second Marathi production venture, after hit film ‘Balak Palak’.
"I think we were able to justify this (the subject of `Yellow`) more in Marathi," the actor said.
"If we have to remake it in Hindi, then we will have to work on it or do something else," he added.
‘Yellow’ features Gauri Gadgil, whom the film is based on, in the lead.
Riteish said: " `Yellow` is an out and out emotional rollercoaster ride that will make you laugh. It`s a sports film and also has an exciting climax."
Directed by Mahesh Limaye, ‘Yellow’ also features Upendra Limaye, Aishwaraya Narkar, Usha Nadkarni and Mrunal Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support
- Hrithik Roshan, Ronit Roy lock horns in new dialogue promo of 'Kaabil' – Watch
- Not scared of being stereotyped: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Vivek Oberoi returns from Sabarimala, becomes Guruswami
- Anil Kapoor reacts to daughter Sonam Kapoor's Filmfare award win for 'Neerja'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport
- ‘Baahubali’ director SS Rajamuli has THIS Indian Epic trilogy in the pipeline?