Marathi audience accepts films with unique concepts: Riteish Deshmukh
Mumbai: Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh, whose upcoming Marathi production ‘Yellow’ deals with children with special needs, says films with unique concepts gain wider acceptance among Marathi audiences compared to Hindi.
"I had not seen any film on such subject and I felt that I must make the film, so we made it in Marathi," Riteish said here in an interview.
"It is much easier to make such films in Marathi than Hindi because the Marathi audience accepts such unique subjects more as compared to the Hindi audience," he added.
‘Yellow’ is Riteish`s second Marathi production venture, after hit film ‘Balak Palak’.
"I think we were able to justify this (the subject of `Yellow`) more in Marathi," the actor said.
"If we have to remake it in Hindi, then we will have to work on it or do something else," he added.
‘Yellow’ features Gauri Gadgil, whom the film is based on, in the lead.
Riteish said: " `Yellow` is an out and out emotional rollercoaster ride that will make you laugh. It`s a sports film and also has an exciting climax."
Directed by Mahesh Limaye, ‘Yellow’ also features Upendra Limaye, Aishwaraya Narkar, Usha Nadkarni and Mrunal Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' one of my favourite movies: Priyanka Chopra
- Karan Johar just revealed something interesting about 'Saifeena'! - Details inside
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in Disney's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush