MohanLal adds to his collection camera of hist first movie
Thiruvananthapuram: In a rare bargain with the Kerala government, Malayalam super star Mohanlal has added to his personal collection the movie camera with which his first unreleased film was shot 35 years back.
The actor would gift a new hitech camera to the Kerala State Film Development Corporation (KSFDC) in place of the outdated one.
Mohanlal put across his long-cherished wish to Chief Minister Ommen Chandy at a function on the sidelines of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) on Friday.
Without hestitating for a moment, Chandy agreed to fulfil the actor`s wish and asked the KSFDC officials to hand over the camera to Mohanlal as soon as possible.
The camera was used to shoot Mohanlal`s first film ‘Thiranottam’, which was destined to remain canned without ever hitting the silver screen. The film was produced and directed by a group of his friends including Priyadarshan, who later became a big name in Indian cinema.
The KSFDC used to extend financial and technical support to film makers.
It took couple of years for Mohanlal to have his first released film ‘Manjil Virinja Pookkal’ directed by Fasil, in which he did the role of the Villain.
Though Mohanlal appeared as antagonist in a couple or more films, directors soon started him casting in positive lead roles and he went on to win several national honours for his sterling performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support
- Hrithik Roshan, Ronit Roy lock horns in new dialogue promo of 'Kaabil' – Watch
- Not scared of being stereotyped: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Vivek Oberoi returns from Sabarimala, becomes Guruswami
- Anil Kapoor reacts to daughter Sonam Kapoor's Filmfare award win for 'Neerja'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport
- ‘Baahubali’ director SS Rajamuli has THIS Indian Epic trilogy in the pipeline?