Never wanted to cast Vijay Sethupath in `Soodhu Kavvuma`: Director
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi, who struck gold with two Tamil blockbusters ‘Pizza’ and ‘Naduvula Konjam Pakkathom Kannom’ last year, had to literally beg to be cast in upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy ‘Soodhu Kavvum’.
Nalan Kumarasamy, the director of the film, said he was not keen on casting Sethupathi in the role.
"I never wanted to cast Vijay for the film. I wanted to rope in a newcomer, but Vijay was adamant that I cast him. Even after I turned him down, he made Karthik Subbaraj, director of `Pizza`, recommend him to me. I turned him down again, but he didn`t give up," Nalan told reporters.
"He even made the producer of my film recommend him to me. I still wasn`t convinced to cast him until everybody in the unit felt he would be apt for the role in the film. Having worked with him now I don`t have any reasons to complain," he added.
Vijay is paired opposite Sanchita Shetty in the film, which also features M.S. Bhaskar, Radha Ravi, Ashok Selvan, Karuna Karan and Ramesh.
Vijay plays a 40-year-old man in the film, and had to gain a few kilos to look the role.
Producer C.V. Kumar of hit Tamil films such as "Pizza" and "Attakathi" has produced this film as well. It is coming out May 5.
Santosh Narayanan has composed the music of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- Here's what Alia Bhatt has to say about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Dear Zindagi'!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar among world's highest paid actors of 2016
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'