Not conscious about my looks: Vijay Sethupathi
Chennai: Actor Vijay Sethupathi, who has donned an urban look for his upcoming Tamil film `Mellisai`, says he is not conscious about how he looks on screen and merely follows his director`s instructions.
"I don`t have any inhibitions of how I look on screen. I just follow my director`s instructions. In `Mellisai`, my director wanted an urban look with a fresh haircut and I obliged. I`m not a superstar to worry about my looks. I`d rather worry about my performance," Vijay said.
In his career so far, Vijay has mostly appeared on screen with his unkempt hair and dense beard.
"I haven`t maintained any look. Had the directors of my previous films asked me to cut my hair or change my looks, I would have changed it," he said.
`Mellisai`, which is gearing up for summer release, is directed by debutant Ranjith Jeyakodi. It features Gayathrie Shankar as the female lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport