Not conscious about my looks: Vijay Sethupathi
Chennai: Actor Vijay Sethupathi, who has donned an urban look for his upcoming Tamil film `Mellisai`, says he is not conscious about how he looks on screen and merely follows his director`s instructions.
"I don`t have any inhibitions of how I look on screen. I just follow my director`s instructions. In `Mellisai`, my director wanted an urban look with a fresh haircut and I obliged. I`m not a superstar to worry about my looks. I`d rather worry about my performance," Vijay said.
In his career so far, Vijay has mostly appeared on screen with his unkempt hair and dense beard.
"I haven`t maintained any look. Had the directors of my previous films asked me to cut my hair or change my looks, I would have changed it," he said.
`Mellisai`, which is gearing up for summer release, is directed by debutant Ranjith Jeyakodi. It features Gayathrie Shankar as the female lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone approached for Siddharth Anand's next? Here's the truth
- Priyanka Chopra downs tequila shot on Television, quips about how Indians love spirits
- I don't understand flirting, says Anushka Sharma
- Abbas-Mustan to join forces with Akshay Kumar once again?
- Get rid of clichés and make a glitzy style statement this Diwali
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better