Popular TN film director-producer Ramanarayanan passes away
Chennai: Tamil film director and producer Ramanarayanan, who is popular for making films featuring animal characters, passed away today at a private hospital in Singapore.
Ramanarayanan (65), hailing from Tamil Nadu, was admitted to the hospital for a kidney-related ailment and passed away this evening, his media manager said, adding that the final rites are expected to be held in the city on June 24.
He holds the world record of directing over 125 films, the maximum number by a director.
Beginning his career as a dialogue-writer in Tamil film industry, Ramanarayanan has given several hits. Some of them include `Kanne Radha`, `Soorakottai Singakutty`, `Veeran` and `Sahadevan Mahadevan`.
`Arya Surya` is his 125th film. He also headed the Tamil Film Producers Council for three consecutive terms. He has also received many awards including the state "Kalaimamani" award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Veteran Telegu actor Ramana Murthy dead
- Remember Namrata Shirodkar? She is ‘yummy mummy’ of two ‘awwdorable’ children – See pics
- Rajinikanth absolutely fine, says publicist
- Veteran Tamil film director AC Tirulokachandar passes away
- Oh my my! Rashmi Gautam turns up hotness quotient in sizzling 'Antham' trailer – Watch here