Popular TN film director-producer Ramanarayanan passes away
Chennai: Tamil film director and producer Ramanarayanan, who is popular for making films featuring animal characters, passed away today at a private hospital in Singapore.
Ramanarayanan (65), hailing from Tamil Nadu, was admitted to the hospital for a kidney-related ailment and passed away this evening, his media manager said, adding that the final rites are expected to be held in the city on June 24.
He holds the world record of directing over 125 films, the maximum number by a director.
Beginning his career as a dialogue-writer in Tamil film industry, Ramanarayanan has given several hits. Some of them include `Kanne Radha`, `Soorakottai Singakutty`, `Veeran` and `Sahadevan Mahadevan`.
`Arya Surya` is his 125th film. He also headed the Tamil Film Producers Council for three consecutive terms. He has also received many awards including the state "Kalaimamani" award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor