Prosenjit`s `Jaatishwar` screened for president
New Delhi: Bengali cinestar Prosenjit Chatterjee`s `Jaatishwar`, which released Friday, was screened in the capital for President Pranab Mukherjee.
The screening was held Wednesday evening at Rashtrapati Bhavan Art Theater Basement.
Prosenjit had met Mukherjee at an awards function in Chennai and got talking about his film `Jaatishwar`, based on `Antony Firingee`, a cult Bengali film released in 1967 with the then superstar Uttam Kumar and Tanuja in the lead.
This made Mukherjee excited about `Jaatishwar`, a musical drama.
"Pranab Babu showed keen interest to watch `Jaatishwar`. He has always been a great patron of art, culture and cinema. But that he singled out this film gave us an added confidence. We had sent him an official invitation once the film was ready and he immediately responded with an affirmative," the actor said in a statement.
`Jaatishwar` released Friday in over 20 cities in the country.
On the basis of its performance, it will release in more cities subsequently.
The film also features Jisshu Sengupta and Swastika Mukherjee in the lead. It has been released by Reliance Entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state
- Who Humpty? It’s time for ‘Badrinath’ Varun Dhawan to hunt for his ‘Dulhania’ Alia Bhatt
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case