Prosenjit`s `Jaatishwar` screened for president
New Delhi: Bengali cinestar Prosenjit Chatterjee`s `Jaatishwar`, which released Friday, was screened in the capital for President Pranab Mukherjee.
The screening was held Wednesday evening at Rashtrapati Bhavan Art Theater Basement.
Prosenjit had met Mukherjee at an awards function in Chennai and got talking about his film `Jaatishwar`, based on `Antony Firingee`, a cult Bengali film released in 1967 with the then superstar Uttam Kumar and Tanuja in the lead.
This made Mukherjee excited about `Jaatishwar`, a musical drama.
"Pranab Babu showed keen interest to watch `Jaatishwar`. He has always been a great patron of art, culture and cinema. But that he singled out this film gave us an added confidence. We had sent him an official invitation once the film was ready and he immediately responded with an affirmative," the actor said in a statement.
`Jaatishwar` released Friday in over 20 cities in the country.
On the basis of its performance, it will release in more cities subsequently.
The film also features Jisshu Sengupta and Swastika Mukherjee in the lead. It has been released by Reliance Entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!
- Commando 2 POSTERS: Vidyut Jammwal, Esha Gupta, Adah Sharma and Freddy Daruwala pack a punch!
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport