Renovate Rajinikanth`s school, fans urge government
Bangalore: Fans of superstar Rajinikanth here will stage a protest if their long-pending demand for the renovation of the Gavipuram Government Kannada Model Primary School, in which he studied, is not met by the government at the earliest.
"The condition of the school has worsened in the last two years and hundreds of students of different classes are forced to attend classes in temporary locations. This is a pressing issue and if a favourable decision is not arrived at by Jan 21, we`ll protest throughout the state," Prakash Gowda, vice president of Karnataka State Rajini Ji Seva Samiti, told IANS.
"Had it been a private school, we would have handled this matter on our own. But this is a government-owned school, and therefore, even if we are willing to contribute, there are several protocols to follow. We request the chief minister to renovate the school as soon as possible," he added.
Over 500 students study at the school, which was allotted Rs.86 lakh a few years ago for the construction of a new building.
"We have learnt that about Rs.86 lakh was sanctioned for the construction of a new building, which is yet to be completed. We have already written to the education minister as well as to the governor," Gowda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport