Renovate Rajinikanth`s school, fans urge government
Bangalore: Fans of superstar Rajinikanth here will stage a protest if their long-pending demand for the renovation of the Gavipuram Government Kannada Model Primary School, in which he studied, is not met by the government at the earliest.
"The condition of the school has worsened in the last two years and hundreds of students of different classes are forced to attend classes in temporary locations. This is a pressing issue and if a favourable decision is not arrived at by Jan 21, we`ll protest throughout the state," Prakash Gowda, vice president of Karnataka State Rajini Ji Seva Samiti, told IANS.
"Had it been a private school, we would have handled this matter on our own. But this is a government-owned school, and therefore, even if we are willing to contribute, there are several protocols to follow. We request the chief minister to renovate the school as soon as possible," he added.
Over 500 students study at the school, which was allotted Rs.86 lakh a few years ago for the construction of a new building.
"We have learnt that about Rs.86 lakh was sanctioned for the construction of a new building, which is yet to be completed. We have already written to the education minister as well as to the governor," Gowda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how
- Anurag Kashyap to make Tamil debut with 'Imaikaa Nodigal'