Rs.4.86 crore opening weekend for `Paradesi` in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama ‘Paradesi’ raked in Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs.40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told reporters.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, ‘Paradesi’ is based on the novel ‘Red Tea’. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, ‘Paradesi’ pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show