Rs.4.86 crore opening weekend for `Paradesi` in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama ‘Paradesi’ raked in Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs.40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told reporters.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, ‘Paradesi’ is based on the novel ‘Red Tea’. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, ‘Paradesi’ pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how
- Anurag Kashyap to make Tamil debut with 'Imaikaa Nodigal'