Rs.4.86 crore opening weekend for `Paradesi` in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama ‘Paradesi’ raked in Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs.40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told reporters.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, ‘Paradesi’ is based on the novel ‘Red Tea’. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, ‘Paradesi’ pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan