Rs.4.86 crore opening weekend for `Paradesi` in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama ‘Paradesi’ raked in Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs.40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs.4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told reporters.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, ‘Paradesi’ is based on the novel ‘Red Tea’. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, ‘Paradesi’ pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita