Suriya drops Gautham Menon`s `Dhruva Natchathiram`reg
Chennai: Actor Suriya has opted out of Tamil thriller ‘Dhruva Natchathiram’, which was launched a few months back, as he felt that filmmaker Gautham Vasudev Menon was taking too much time to tweak the story.
"I only do films if I like the story. I quite liked Gautham`s story, but requested him to tweak it a little. But I waited for six months and I still waiting. Unfortunately, my wait has ended in (vain), therefore I`m pulling out of this project," Suriya said in a statement.
"This is not the first time I have shared such an experience with Gautham. In the past, we launched another film called `Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam`. We shot for a week and then I waited for another eight months before pulling out," he added.
‘Dhruva Natchathiram’ was launched in May. Menon had also cast few actors for the film and even shot a few scenes.
"I can`t wait any longer as I feel Gautham and I are heading in opposite directions in our ideologies. I don`t think I can work together with him," Suriya said.
Now, Suriya will start working on yet-untitled Linguswamy project from November onwards, while Menon is busy shooting his part for upcoming independent film ‘X’, which features Rajat Kapoor in the lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production
- 'Thodari' release delayed in Karnataka