Suriya-Karthi donate Rs.10 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Chennai: Popular Tamil actors Suriya Sivakumar and his brother Karthi Sivakumar Sunday donated Rs.10 lakh towards Uttarakhand disaster relief fund.
"The donation of Rs.10 lakh was made on behalf of the Agaram Foundation, managed and run by Suriya`s family," Suriya`s agent told reporters.
Hundreds have died in the natural calamity since June 15. Thousands of others have been hit, and many are still stranded in remote hills.
The Agaram Foundation works towards the upliftment of underprivileged students by offering them quality education. The brothers are said to be the first Tamil actors to donate for the Uttarakhand disaster relief fund.
Meanwhile, Suriya is awaiting the release of his Tamil action-drama "Singam 2", while Karthi is busy juggling between two Tamil films - "Biryani" and "All in All Azhagu Raja".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- Irrfan Khan, Kangana Ranaut to come together for film on Begum Akhtar?
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Rajinikanth lauds makers of 'Puli'
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films