Suriya-Karthi donate Rs.10 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Chennai: Popular Tamil actors Suriya Sivakumar and his brother Karthi Sivakumar Sunday donated Rs.10 lakh towards Uttarakhand disaster relief fund.
"The donation of Rs.10 lakh was made on behalf of the Agaram Foundation, managed and run by Suriya`s family," Suriya`s agent told reporters.
Hundreds have died in the natural calamity since June 15. Thousands of others have been hit, and many are still stranded in remote hills.
The Agaram Foundation works towards the upliftment of underprivileged students by offering them quality education. The brothers are said to be the first Tamil actors to donate for the Uttarakhand disaster relief fund.
Meanwhile, Suriya is awaiting the release of his Tamil action-drama "Singam 2", while Karthi is busy juggling between two Tamil films - "Biryani" and "All in All Azhagu Raja".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in Disney's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!
- Sanjay Dutt rubbishes rumours of rift with Salman Khan! - Read more
- FIR against Kamaal R Khan for allegedly harassing actresses on Twitter!
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush