Tamil actor Manjula passes away
Chennai: Well known Tamil actor Manjula Vijayakumar died today in a private hospital following brief illness, sources close to her family said.
Manjula (59) is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Starting her career as a child artist in the hit "Shaanthi Nilayam," Manjula later went on to star opposite the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, M G Ramachandran (Rickshawkaran, Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban) and Sivaji Ganesan (Dr Shiva) besides acting as the female lead in a number of films.
Her colleagues including actor-politician and South Indian Artistes` Association President R Sarathkumar and actress Khushboo condoled Manjula`s death.
Image Courtesy: Moviegallery.net
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- It's waste of time to say anything: Aditi Rao Hydari on link-up rumours
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'