Tamil actor Manjula passes away
Chennai: Well known Tamil actor Manjula Vijayakumar died today in a private hospital following brief illness, sources close to her family said.
Manjula (59) is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Starting her career as a child artist in the hit "Shaanthi Nilayam," Manjula later went on to star opposite the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, M G Ramachandran (Rickshawkaran, Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban) and Sivaji Ganesan (Dr Shiva) besides acting as the female lead in a number of films.
Her colleagues including actor-politician and South Indian Artistes` Association President R Sarathkumar and actress Khushboo condoled Manjula`s death.
Image Courtesy: Moviegallery.net
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Shahid Kapoor's latest 'Udta Punjab' pic will make your jaw drop! – Image inside
- Traffic movie review: It is an impressive thriller
- Five reasons why ‘Sairat’ starring Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar is a ‘must watch’
- Only ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth can do this – Know what it is
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?