Tamil actor Manjula passes away
Chennai: Well known Tamil actor Manjula Vijayakumar died today in a private hospital following brief illness, sources close to her family said.
Manjula (59) is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Starting her career as a child artist in the hit "Shaanthi Nilayam," Manjula later went on to star opposite the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, M G Ramachandran (Rickshawkaran, Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban) and Sivaji Ganesan (Dr Shiva) besides acting as the female lead in a number of films.
Her colleagues including actor-politician and South Indian Artistes` Association President R Sarathkumar and actress Khushboo condoled Manjula`s death.
Image Courtesy: Moviegallery.net
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'
- Karthi rocks tyrant look in 'Kaashmora' poster
- Rajinikanth lauds Tamil film 'Joker'