Tamil actor Manjula passes away
Chennai: Well known Tamil actor Manjula Vijayakumar died today in a private hospital following brief illness, sources close to her family said.
Manjula (59) is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Starting her career as a child artist in the hit "Shaanthi Nilayam," Manjula later went on to star opposite the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, M G Ramachandran (Rickshawkaran, Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban) and Sivaji Ganesan (Dr Shiva) besides acting as the female lead in a number of films.
Her colleagues including actor-politician and South Indian Artistes` Association President R Sarathkumar and actress Khushboo condoled Manjula`s death.
Image Courtesy: Moviegallery.net
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: Priyanka Jagga Muise's message to fans after eviction from show
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better