Tamil actor Manjula passes away
Chennai: Well known Tamil actor Manjula Vijayakumar died today in a private hospital following brief illness, sources close to her family said.
Manjula (59) is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Starting her career as a child artist in the hit "Shaanthi Nilayam," Manjula later went on to star opposite the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, M G Ramachandran (Rickshawkaran, Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban) and Sivaji Ganesan (Dr Shiva) besides acting as the female lead in a number of films.
Her colleagues including actor-politician and South Indian Artistes` Association President R Sarathkumar and actress Khushboo condoled Manjula`s death.
Image Courtesy: Moviegallery.net
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56