Telugu actor A.V Subrahmanyam critical
Hyderabad: Telugu actor-comedian A.V. Subrahmanyam, who has been suffering from liver-related problems for the last few years, is battling for life. The doctors Friday advised his family to take him home.
"He has been undergoing treatment for the last two days at our hospital. Since he was not responding to the treatment, he was shifted to ventilator yesterday (Thursday). This evening, his family took him back home after doctors claimed that his condition has worsened," a source from Global Hospitals said.
AVS, as he is fondly called by fans, was first diagnosed with liver-related issues in 2007. A year later, when doctors had lost all hope, he miraculously lived after his daughter donated a part of her liver.
"He underwent his liver operation at our hospital in 2008 and recovered very quickly because he had no bad habits. He was perfectly fine for the next four years, but it was from the beginning of this year he started struggling again with the same problems," the source added.
The 56-year-old made his cinematic debut with Telugu family drama `Mr. Pellam` in 1991. He has starred in nearly 100 films over the last two decades.
Some of his best films include `Venky`, `Ravoyi Chandamama` and `Indra`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pitru Paksha significance: Here is how the Shraadha rites are performed
- Narendra Modi wishes Lata Mangeshkar on 87th birthday!
- Ranbir Kapoor turns 34, Anushka Sharma shares UNSEEN PIC on Twitter!
- Alia Bhatt NOT doing Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal 4'? Here's the truth
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production