Vivekh can be our own Woody Allen: Mani Ratnam
Chennai: Ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam believes that if Vivekh puts in more effort into his comic talent, he can become Tamil cinema`s own Woody Allen.
"I think this ability to make people laugh comes with some level of intelligence. Our industry has a host of comedians and I have always felt any of them could have become someone great. Vivekh could our very own Woody Allen, but he just has to make the effort," Ratnam told reporters here Saturday.
Speaking at the audio launch of Vivekh-starrer Tamil drama "Nanthan Bala", he said: "I have always envied the comedians and wonder how they could make so many people laugh. Even today when you revisit comedy from the 1950s` films, you will be surprised to know that it still works".
The 57-year old filmmaker was also joined by composer A.R. Rahman and veteran filmmaker K. Balachander at the event.
Vivekh, who has been in the industry for over two decades as a celebrated comedian, is essaying a serious role in "Nanthan Bala", which is directed by R. Kannan.
Some of Vivekh`s best comic performances are from Tamil films such as "Run", "Saamy" and "Perazhagan".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say