Was confident of `Legend` success: Boyapati Srinu
Chennai: Filmmaker Boyapati Srinu, currently basking in the overwhelming response to his recent Telugu directorial `Legend`, says he was confident of the film`s success even before it went on floors.
Nandamuri Balakrishna-starrer `Legend`, which released Friday, has minted over Rs.15 crore in the opening weekend worldwide.
`When you work with certain actors, you`re always confident about success. My relationship with Balakrishna worked on that level of confidence. I was confident of the film`s success even before we went on floors. Some said I was overconfident, but I thought otherwise,` Boyapati Srinu said.
Srinu said he had conceived `Legend` during the filming of `Simha`, which also starred Balakrishna.
`I had this story in mind but I didn`t think of an actor to be featured in it. After the success of `Simha`, Balakrishna asked me come up with another story and that`s when I narrated this story to him and he agreed to do it. It took us nearly three years to actually start the project,` he added.
Known for making successful films such as `Thulasi`, `Bhadra` and `Dammu`, Srinu says he likes to portray his heroes in action avatars.
`All my films so far have been high on action. People assume that I`m more comfortable making these films but I actually like to show my heroes in hardcore action roles. I mostly work with commercial actors, and therefore, I`m more excited to write such stories for them,` he said.
He is soon to team up with actor Ram Charan for an actioner.
"I have only narrated the synopsis of my story to Ram Charan and his father. They liked it and have asked to complete the story. We should go on floors in a few months from now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Jallikattu row: Kamal Haasan appeals for calm, says 'none can take away your rights'
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels