Water the biggest challenge in `Gundello Godari`: Lakshmi
Chennai: Telugu actor-producer Lakshmi Manchu says water was the biggest challenge in her forthcoming Telugu romantic-drama ‘Gundello Godari’, a story set against the backdrop of 1986 Godavari floods.
"Since the story is set during the 1986 floods, we had to use lots of water. We used 40 acres of land next to Godavari, where we saved water in tanks for the shoot. It was extremely challenging to shoot in the flowing water. Water was our biggest challenge in the making of the film," Manchu told reporters.
"We used as many as 50 cameras to capture the flowing water. Since the story is based on true events, we spent close to six months researching before the start of regular shooting of the film," she added.
The film tracks the story of four characters that are in a way connected to each other during the floods.
"Even though the story is based on true events, the romantic angle was fictionalised. The film revolves around four key characters and narrates what happened to them during this catastrophe," she said.
How much of Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) was used in the film?
"We had to use about 30 minutes CGI to enhance most of the scenes that were captured live. For instance, we recreated the flood scene on sets by allowing the water stored to flow through the village which was created for the film," said Manchu.
Kumar Nagendra has directed the film, which features Sundeep Kishan, Aadhi Pinisetty, Tapsee Pannu and Lakshmi in lead roles. It will release in Telugu Friday, while the Tamil version titled ‘Maranthen Mannithen’ is scheduled to release March 23.
Manchu has produced the film, which has music by Illayaraja.
The film was originally scheduled to release last year.
Queried why the delay in release, Manchu said: "We wanted a good theatrical release. Since big releases such as `Vishwaroopam` was stalled in controversy, we didn`t want to take chances, and therefore, waited for the right moment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh boy! Playboy features first Muslim woman in hijab
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Varun Dhawan SPOTTED at cancer awareness event; spends time with kids! PICS inside
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017