Water the biggest challenge in `Gundello Godari`: Lakshmi
Chennai: Telugu actor-producer Lakshmi Manchu says water was the biggest challenge in her forthcoming Telugu romantic-drama ‘Gundello Godari’, a story set against the backdrop of 1986 Godavari floods.
"Since the story is set during the 1986 floods, we had to use lots of water. We used 40 acres of land next to Godavari, where we saved water in tanks for the shoot. It was extremely challenging to shoot in the flowing water. Water was our biggest challenge in the making of the film," Manchu told reporters.
"We used as many as 50 cameras to capture the flowing water. Since the story is based on true events, we spent close to six months researching before the start of regular shooting of the film," she added.
The film tracks the story of four characters that are in a way connected to each other during the floods.
"Even though the story is based on true events, the romantic angle was fictionalised. The film revolves around four key characters and narrates what happened to them during this catastrophe," she said.
How much of Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) was used in the film?
"We had to use about 30 minutes CGI to enhance most of the scenes that were captured live. For instance, we recreated the flood scene on sets by allowing the water stored to flow through the village which was created for the film," said Manchu.
Kumar Nagendra has directed the film, which features Sundeep Kishan, Aadhi Pinisetty, Tapsee Pannu and Lakshmi in lead roles. It will release in Telugu Friday, while the Tamil version titled ‘Maranthen Mannithen’ is scheduled to release March 23.
Manchu has produced the film, which has music by Illayaraja.
The film was originally scheduled to release last year.
Queried why the delay in release, Manchu said: "We wanted a good theatrical release. Since big releases such as `Vishwaroopam` was stalled in controversy, we didn`t want to take chances, and therefore, waited for the right moment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan's Wednesday face-off gets more intense!
- Global Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' continues victory run
- I initially felt intimidated by Shah Rukh Khan on 'Raees' set: Zeeshan Ayyub Khan
- 'Chennai Express' producer Karim Morani reacts to rape allegations
- Bobby Deol’s 50th birthday: Here's how brother Sunny Deol plans to celebrate
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport