Will `Yevadu` be another `Magadheera`?
Chennai: The makers of Ram Charan Teja-starrer ‘Yevadu’ have confirmed that the film will hit the screens July 31, exactly four years after the actor`s ‘Magadheera’ was released and went on to become a blockbuster.
"The film was earlier set to be released on July 25, but it has been pushed to July 31 for technical reasons. One of other reasons is that on July 31 four years back, `Magadheera` had hit the screens and changed the fate of Ram Charan`s career," a source from the film`s unit, told reporters.
S.S. Rajamouli-directed "Magadheera" was one of the highly successful Telugu films of the recent past. It changed the fate of the lead actors - Ram Charan and Kajal Agarwal, in the industry.
"There were also talks that the makers wanted to release the film on July 27 coinciding with the birthday of the director, but the idea was later dropped," added the source.
Directed by Vamsi Paidipally, "Yevadu" features Amy Jackson and Shruti Haasan in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions
- Would love to be a dance teacher: Alia Bhatt