Wish to portray Kadombori Devi in film: Rituparna Sengupta
Kolkata: Kadombori Devi, the younger sister-in-law of Rabindranath Tagore, remained one of her dream roles she would love to come her way in a feature film one day, `Mukti` protagonist Rituparna Sengupta says.
"Yes I was in a state of trance. Who would not be. Putting up all those costumes and robes of 19th century Thakurbari Mohila," (women in Tagore household, the post-renaissance gentry), Rituparna said.
She was referring to a dream sequence in the film where the lead character turns into the Bard`s `Chhoto Bouthan` and sways on a swing.
"My dream role is a full-scale portrayal of Kadombori Debi in a feature film She is one of the most intriguing personalities in those times," Rituparna, whose portrayal of a dancer working with prison inmates earned accolades in Muktodhara, said.
"The first time I read about her I was fascinated. And it went on as I kept reading about this lady again," she said.
The `Paromitar Ekdin` actor described her character as having got freedom from her own dependent self on husband and student-lover, being spurned by both at some points of time, and termed `Mukti` as very much today`s film.
Mrinal Sen`s `Discovery`, actor Sreela Majumder described director Reshmi Mitra as a sensitive portrayer of a woman`s quest for identity which she finds at last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry