Cheryl Cole takes on new hubby`s surname
Los Angeles: Singer Cheryl Cole has changed her name to Cheryl Fernandez-Versini after marrying her French fiancé over the weekend and will now use her stage name as `Cheryl`.
The ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’ singer, who secretly wed French restaurateur Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini last week, kept her surname from her marriage to Ashley Cole for four years following their divorce in 2010, but now she wants to be known just by her first name in her pop career, reports people.com.
A friend of former Girls Aloud star told The Sun newspaper: "Cheryl is very traditional and she is taking JB`s name going forward.”
"She kept the Cole name after her divorce from Ashley as it felt like a backwards step reverting to (her maiden name) Tweedy. But this is a very different situation. She`s a traditionalist and this is the man she plans to spend the rest of her life with.
"For music, she`s likely to use just Cheryl for her official artist name in the future,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!