I am not getting engaged, says Ranbir Kapoor
Mumbai: Actor Ranbir Kapoor has denied reports of engagement with rumoured girlfriend Katrina Kaif.
There were reports in a section of media that Ranbir would make a formal proposal on his birthday (September 28).
"There was a report that I am getting engaged on my birthday and there is no truth in it... I am not getting engaged or married," Ranbir told reporters here last night at the promotional event of his upcoming film `Besharam`.
Ranbir feels scrutiny of his personal life is a part and parcel of showbiz but he would try to protect his personal space.
"When I was new in the industry I spoke openly about my relationship. I feel when you do this the spotlight is more on personal life than work. I want to protect my life. I don`t want my life to become a reality show," he said.
However, Ranbir refused to clarify his relationship with Katrina.
"I am single till I get married, I think I believe in that saying. I am going very strong with this movie (`Besharam`), I am very excited about it. That is the only excitement I have in my life right now," he said.
"I am very happy with the work I am doing. I am happy in my personal life with family, friends, everything. I am not bothered with all this. I am not here to make or break an image. I am arrogant enough to know that I am a good actor and people will like me for my work," Ranbir said.
Ranbir feels his image is made by the kind of movies he does and what is written about him.
"This Casanova image is there since quite some time... So when I get married in five or ten years, the next actor after me who is single he will probably get that (tag). I am not trying to make an image, I am an actor trying to sell movies," he said.
Reacting to the recent photos published of him and
Katrina holidaying in Ibiza, Ranbir said, he doesn`t have an issue with it, but he wants to protect his personal life.
When asked about reports of his father Rishi Kapoor being miffed with him and Katrina over their photographs, Ranbir said, "There is no truth in this. I tell everything to my parents, I don`t hide anything. They are very supportive. I live with my parents.
When I have to take suggestions from them they are always there for me."
Ranbir is excited to share screen space with his parents in his upcoming film `Besharam`.
"They are cops in the film and I am a robber. I am happy to work with them. I was like their parent on the sets, taking care of them. I was initially worried how will I act in front of them, I felt if I give a bad shot they will feel I am a bad actor. They are professional actors. I learnt a lot from them and we had fun while shooting," he said.
He said the surprise package of the film is his mother Neetu Kapoor, who plays a police officer - Bulbul Chautala. "The way she has created the character, she was endearing and at the same time vampish but still your heart goes out to her," he said.
Though Ranbir won acclaim for his performances in films like `Wake Up Sid`, `Rockstar`, `Barfi`, but Rishi Kapoor likes him in `Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani` and `Rajneeti`.
"He (Rishi Kapoor) comes from certain school of thoughts and wants me to do those kind of films. I want to challenge myself as an actor and play different characters. I am whatever today because of the kind of roles I have played till now. It (character in `Besharam`) is over the top character. To play vulgar character on screen is difficult," Ranbir said.
`Besharam`, directed by Abhinav Kashyap also stars Pallavi Sharda and releases on October 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Shah Rukh Khan wasted an opportunity given by ‘Raees’ team
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Singer Ed Sheeran and his ''lazy eye'' immortalized in wax
- Indian artist showcases paintings in Egypt
- Biennale foundation to chose curator for 2016 edition
- Playwright, actor Sam Shepard arrested on drunken driving charge
- Broadway 2014-2015 season is best ever with $1.36 billion in grosses
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- Vietnam's 'Ceramic King' has over 100,000 antiques
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE