I was not allowed to date until 16 : Rihanna
London: The `Pour It Up` hitmaker Rihanna was restricted from having a boyfriend by her mother in her teens.
The 25-year-old singer`s mother tried to dissuade her from getting involved with boys and banned her from dating until she was 16, reported Contactmusic.
"I wasn`t allowed to date. At 13 my mom would tell me, `You can have a boyfriend when you`re 16!` And then at 16 she`d say, `I never said that - and as a matter of fact, it`s 40!`" she said.
However, the singer insists it was never an issue because no boy fancied her anyway.
Recalling her phase of growing up in Barbados, Rihanna said she felt self-conscious about her flat chest and mosquito-bitten skin, she joked, "It was a horrible combination!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Sanjay Dutt's adorable scooter ride with wife Maanayata and kids - See pic
- TV dude Karan Wahi is dating Jinita Sheth!
- Preity Zinta finally talks about dating her husband Gene Goodenough!
- Former 'Bigg Boss' contestants Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao get ENGAGED!
- Barack - Michelle Obama’s expression of love will give you relationship goals – See PICS