Justin Bieber split made me focus: Selena Gomez
London: Songstress Selena Gomez has revealed that her split from teen pop sensation Justin Bieber helped her to focus on her career.
The 21-year-old singer, who ended her relationship `Never Say Never` hitmaker early last year, said her painful breakup motivated her to re-evaluate and come back with pop hit `Come & Get It`, reported Contactmusic.
"I questioned the way I looked, acted, sang, and wrote. I started becoming very stale with my music, and I realised that I was doing things for other people. Then I turned 20, went through a really bad breakup, and realised I needed to pick up everything.
"I needed to have `Come & Get It` be amazing. I wanted it all to be me. I was tired of feeling defeated. All this time, I was trying to figure out why I felt like such an underdog, and I finally realised I just wasn`t ready. I`m glad it`s taken me this long to get where I am because now I am ready for it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Comedian Bharti Singh secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- Micromax honcho Rahul Sharma wishes 'happy anniversary' to wifey Asin Thottumkal in total Bollywood style!
- 'FIR' actress Kavita Kaushik set to marry boyfriend Ronnit Biswas!
- Bigg Boss 10: All you want to know about Monalisa, Vikrant's wedding
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's biological mother seeks access to her?