Justin Bieber split made me focus: Selena Gomez
London: Songstress Selena Gomez has revealed that her split from teen pop sensation Justin Bieber helped her to focus on her career.
The 21-year-old singer, who ended her relationship `Never Say Never` hitmaker early last year, said her painful breakup motivated her to re-evaluate and come back with pop hit `Come & Get It`, reported Contactmusic.
"I questioned the way I looked, acted, sang, and wrote. I started becoming very stale with my music, and I realised that I was doing things for other people. Then I turned 20, went through a really bad breakup, and realised I needed to pick up everything.
"I needed to have `Come & Get It` be amazing. I wanted it all to be me. I was tired of feeling defeated. All this time, I was trying to figure out why I felt like such an underdog, and I finally realised I just wasn`t ready. I`m glad it`s taken me this long to get where I am because now I am ready for it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Jimmy Kimmel makes Dory pancakes for daughter
- Shah Rukh Khan will melt your heart with his message for sob AbRam
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married