Ricky Martin wishes he could `come out` again
Washington: Latin superstar Ricky Martin said in a UN conference on homophobia that he wishes he could come out of the closet again so he could tell people struggling with their identities that “it’s just beautiful - you find love.”
“For many years, I lived in fear ... because I was hating myself because I grew up listening to a very crooked concept: ‘You’re gay. You belong in hell’,” Fox News quoted him as saying on Tuesday.
The 40-year-old singer, who is currently starring on Broadway in ‘Evita,’ said it was amazing to be at the United Nations surrounded by people “fighting for one cause - equality and love and social justice.”
The ‘Livin La Vida Loca’ hit-maker praised UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon who got a standing ovation after telling the conference that LGBTs “are entitled to the same rights as everyone else.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi