At your wit’s end trying to figure out what to drink during the scorching heat? But don’t want to indulge in alcohol? Take a look at five of the most famous mocktails that have created tornadoes around the world!
Perfect Virgin Daiquiri
This frozen favourite has created many ripples all over the world ever since it first was conjured up. Alcohol free and easy to prepare, Perfect Virgin Daiquiri is absolutely a perfect solution to beat those sweltering days of summer! Here’s how you can make it:
1 14 ½-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
1 12-oz bag frozen strawberries
2 tablespoons superfine sugar
2 medium limes, juiced
Fresh strawberries, optional, for garnishing
- In a blender, combine pineapple, frozen strawberries, sugar, and lime juice and puree until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
People who reside in the tropics ideally should take advantage of this mocktail the most! Easy on the alcohol, tuckloads of fruits and the goodness of coconut – here’s how you can prepare your own Tropical Delight!
2 oz coconut milk
3 oz pineapple juice
3 oz mango juice
1 small banana
- Peel the banana and place in a blender with the juice and coconut milk.
- Add in some ice and blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour in a large glass and serve with a straw with a garnish of sliced pineapple on the rim.
Resisting a tempting pitcher of Sangria when the temperatures are on a constant rise? Impossible, we say! Here’s how you can ruffle up this delicious Alcohol-free Sangria.
¼ cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
½ fresh lemon, sliced
½ fresh orange, sliced
1 small apple or peach, cut into wedges
4 cups club soda or seltzer water
4 cups grape juice
- In large pitcher, combine orange juice, sugar, and grape juice.
- Add cut fruit and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Refrigerate until cool and add seltzer water or club soda just before serving.
Dying to answer those tantalising calls of Bloody Mary but don’t want to indulge in the Vodka? Here’s the Virgin counterpart of the blood-red drink!
4 oz tomato juice
1 dash lemon juice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 drops Tabasco sauce
- Fill a large wine glass with ice.
- Add tomato juice, then the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and garnish with a wedge of lime.
The classic Cuban Mojito – minus the alcohol. Can summers get any more exciting for teetotallers? We don’t think so! Here’s how the Nojito can be prepared.
8 mint leaves
3 oz lime juice
1 ½ oz sugar syrup
2 oz club soda
- Fill a pint glass 1/3 full with ice, then add mint leaves.
- Lightly mash the leaves together with the liquid using a muddle stick or wooden pestle, being careful not to tear the leaves.
- Fill the glass with more ice, then add club soda.