Charminar most searched historical site on Google
Hyderabad: Charminar - the symbol of Hyderabad - is the most searched historical site in the city on Google, the world's biggest search engine.
Google search trends analysis for the past six months reveals Charminar as the most searched historical site in the city, the company said in a statement Wednesday.
Charminar has been searched the most in Andhra Pradesh (combined state) followed by Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
"Interestingly, there is a rising interest on the builders of Charminar as it remained as one of the top most queries on Google."
The city of pearls, which emerged as hot favourite among Indian netizens during 2013, continues to captivate the spirit of tourists and netizens offering a fascinating panorama of the past, with a richly mixed cultural and historical heritage.
Golconda Fort, one of the famous landmarks of Hyderabad is the second most searched historical site in Hyderabad. It has been searched the most in Andhra Pradesh followed by Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Salar Jung Museum, the third largest museum in India, is also the third most searched historical site in Hyderabad. This museum which has the largest antiques collection in India has been searched by Andhra Pradesh followed by Karnataka.
Significant searches were also made on Falaknuma Palace. This palace which showcases a rare blend of Italian and Tudor architecture has been searched largely by Andhra Pradesh.
Purani Haveli, the official residence of Nizams in the past did attract a lot of queries majorly emerging from Delhi and Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' row: Navjot Singh Sidhu should stop citing me as example, says Kirron Kher
- Phillauri movie review: Anushka Sharma as Shashi is bewitching; Suraj Sharma proves his brilliance in a funny way!
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance