Zee Cine Awards 2013: The ones who shone this year!
Anticipations, expectations, that incessant wait. All of that is on the threshold of fulfilment as the who’s who of Tinsel Town descends upon the venue where that grand event is to take place – Zee Cine Awards 2013.
So wrap up all your work, get that tub of popcorn and jump on to the couch. For this year, Zee Cine Awards is all set to tickle that funny bone of yours at times, and make you wipe that tear of nostalgia at others.
2013 will see the Awards returning to the place where it all began from - aamchi Mumbai. With the witty Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh donning the anchors’ hats, rest assured, there won’t be a single uninteresting moment this time around... Shah Rukh Khan will join the two at times and many others of your favourite stars will make sure that Zee Cine Awards 2013 is made into an affair to remember! There will be power-packed performances from new stars like Ayushmann Kharrana, Varun Dhawan on the one hand, and the stalwarts like Shah Rukh Khan and Karisma Kapoor on the other. There will be many fun-filled moments, side-splitting laughter-inducing times, and acts which would leave one agape at the sheer brilliance of it. So get set: let’s make a night to remember!
And in case you are wondering who’d be the ones to receive the most coveted of all awards, keep getting back to this space for live updates of every little thing that ensues tonight...
- So that's how the evening comes to an end - kudos to all who made it such a spectacle!
- Amitabh Bachchan addresses the crowd - he is the one who coordinated Abhishek's and Ritesh's performance!
- Best Actor (Male/Popular) goes to Salman Khan for 'Dabangg 2'.
- The next award is for the Best Actor (Male/Jury): Riteish and Abhishek present the same. And the award goes to... Ranbir Kapoor for 'Barfi!'. RK performs Barfi's iconic steps on stage and goes ahead with his vote of thanks!
- Best Actor (Popular/Female): Priyanka Chopra is awarded for her portrayal of an autistic girl in 'Barfi!'. In a black floor-length gown, PC looks more than stunning! She thanks the entire team of 'Barfi!', her family, and people who actually believed in her; dedicates her award to her dad.
- Best Actor (Jury/Female): Vidya Balan for 'Kahaani'. Vidya wishes Zee a happy 20th birthday; goes ahead with her vote of thanks, beginnning with God! Balan dedicates her award to Siddharth Roy Kapoor and the entire team of 'Kahaani'.
- Best Director (Popular): Anurag Basu for 'Barfi!'.
- The next award - Best Director (Jury): Sujoy Ghosh for 'Kahaani'.
- Best Film (Popular): 'Barfi!' - Ronnie Screwala, Anurag Basu, Ileana D'Cruz, Ranbir Kapoor, Pritam on the stage to receive the award. Ranbir does a Barfi by jumping on to Anurag Basu's shoulders!
- This segment of awards - some of the biggest of the night - Best Film (Jury): 'Kahaani'... Shah Rukh Khan presents the award to Vidya Balan!
- "Yashji, agar aap na hote, shayad mohabbat na hoti!" - Shah Rukh Khan
- SRK tells Sridevi - she was Chopra's most favourite actor! Poonam Dhillon, Sridevi and Deepika join Shah Rukh in the tribute to Yash Chopra.
- Shah Rukh thanks Karisma, Katrina and Anushka; calls all those actresses who have had the privilege of working with Yash Raj Films and Yash Chopra.
- And finally, Katrina Kaif on stage with Shah Rukh - the two shake a leg to 'Saans mein'.
- Anushka Sharma, clad in pristine white, joins King Khan now for a soothing 'Tujh mein rab dikhta hai'.
- Karisma Kapoor, in one of her first post-marriage performances, joins Shah Rukh on stage, dancing to 'Mujhko hui na khabar'.
- King Khan lands on to the stage from his pearly white steed... Kabhi kabhi is dil mein khayal aata hai in SRK's voice!
- Gear up for the last performance of the night - a tribute to the late Yash Chopra. Shah Rukh Khan appears on stage with 'tujhe dekha toh ye jaana sanam'... the song that turned him into the quintessential romantic hero of Bollywood!
- Shah Rukh Khan is now the butt of Riteish and Abhishek's jokes!
- For Ayushmann, success has no rule. And on that happy note, Arjun dances to 'My name is Lakhan'!
- Best Actor Debut (Male): Arjun Kapoor and Ayushmann Khurrana for 'Ishaqzaade' and 'Vicky Donor' respectively.
- The next awards: Best Actor Debut (Female): Santosh Shrivastav, Anurag Basu and Sonali Bendre present the award to Yami Gautam and Ileana D'Cruz for 'Vicky Donor' and 'Barfi!' respectively.
- Hussain urges everyone present to keep a minute's silence for the Delhi gangrape victim.
- Best Dialogue: Tigmanshu Dhulia and Sanjay Chauhan for 'Paan Singh Tomar'.
- Best Screenplay: Vidya Balan gives away the award to Anurag Basu for 'Barfi!'.
- The Award for the Best Story: Sujoy Ghosh and Advaita for 'Kahaani'.
- The next award - Best Use of Social Media - Shanaina G and Huma Qureshi present the award to Arbaaz Khan who accepts it on behalf of brother Salman Khan.
- And the sexy Kaif grooves to 'Ishq shava' from 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' now.
- Katrina Kaif on the stage: setting it on fire with 'Mashallah'! What performance... mashallah!
- The Power Club Box Office Awards: for the directors whose films made it to the 100 Crore Club in 2012 - Karan Malhotra ('Agneepath'), Sajid Khan ('Housefull 2'), Prabhu Deva ('Rowdy Rathore'), Kabir Khan ('Ek Tha Tiger'), Anurag Basu ('Barfi!'), Rohit Shetty ('Bol Bachchan'), Arbaaz Khan ('Dabangg 2'), Ashwini Dhir ('Son of Sardaar'). And the late Yash Chopra for 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.
- Best Music: Pritam is awarded for 'Cocktail'.
- Sonu Nigam is asked to imitate Udit Narayan - and boy! How he does it!
- Best Playback Singer (Male): Sonu Nigam for 'Abhi mujh mein kahin' from 'Agneepath'.
- Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal for 'Saans' from 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.
- Udit Narayan and Malaika Arora present the award for the Best Fresh Singing Talent - Shalmali Kholgade for 'Pareshaan' from 'Ishaqzaade'.
- Jasraj and Vishwajeet of 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' treat the audience to 'Ishaqzaade'.
- Shah Rukh imitates Katrina's speech... in his inimitable witty style!
- Best International Icon (Male): Shah Rukh Khan
- Katrina's acceptance speech: Kaif thanks Sridevi and Boney Kapoor.
- Sridevi and Boney Kapoor present the Best International Icon of the Year (Female) award to Katrina Kaif.
- Rishi Kapoor says that he had refused his role in 'Agneepath' in his acceptance speech. The role of Rauf Lala was a scary, risky one.
- Best Actor in a Negative Role: R. Balki presents the award to Rishi Kapoor for 'Agneepath'.
- Best Debut Director: Gauri Shinde for 'English Vinglish'.
- The Song of the Year: 'Radha' from 'Student of the Year'. Shreya Ghoshal receives the award.
- The award for the Best Choreography: Ganesh Acharya for 'Chikni Chameli' (Agneepath).
- We're on to the next awards: Best actor in a supporting role - Nawazuddin Siddiqui walks away with the award for 'Talaash'.
- Ayushmann joins Varun for a mash-up of the latter's 'Disco deewane' and the former's 'Rum whiskey'!
- Dhawan's on to 'Radha' now.
- Varun Dhawan's superbly sculpted body and six-pack abs are sure to make many hearts skip many beats! He's grooving to 'Velle' now!
- The jaw-droppingly handsome Varun Dhawan on stage now: with 'Ishq wala love'!
- And now, Khurrana's on to 'Pandey ji seeti' from 'Dabangg 2'.
- Khurrana dances on 'Chammak Challo' now. 'Rum Whiskey' is still the refrain!
- Ayushmann performs on 'Jumma chumma de de' .. interspersed with 'Rum whiskey'.
- Ayushmann Khurrana takes to the stage crooning 'Paani da rang'... We're all ears, Ayushmann!
- Ayushmann Khurrana and Varun Dhawan are at the end of Ritesh and Abhishek's jokes now. Varun and Ayushmann are to perform next!
- And Ritesh Deshmukh and Abhishek Bachchan are back to tickle the audience's bones!
- Best Background Score: Ajay and Atul for 'Agneepath'.
- Best Marketed Film of the Year: Ek Tha Tiger
- Best Action: Arusu Kumar for 'Rowdy Rathore'. Prabhu Deva receives the award on behalf of Kumar.
- Up next is the award for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role - Ali Zafar and Chunkey Pandey present the award to Anushka Sharma for 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.
- Clad in blue and yellow, the gorgeous Anushka Sharma grooves to 'Oye boy Charlie' from 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola'.
- Anushka Sharma joins Riteish Deshmukh and Abhishek Bachchan in making the audience go into splits with laughter!
- Best Cinematography: Ravi Varman for 'Barfi!'.
- Namrata Rao walks away with the Best Editing award - for 'Kahaani'.
- Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh are back with their comic performance. Boman Irani joins in now.
- Best actor in a Comic role - Abhishek Bachchan for 'Bol Bachchan'.
- Up next: The Best Lyrics' award - Kausar Munir for 'Pareshaan' (Ishaqzaade).
- The first set of awards: Boman Irani and Esha Gupta present Rajat Poddar for 'Barfi!' Best Production Design.
- Stay tuned for more... there's so much the night has to offer!
- Tum hi ho bandhu' on the floor now. Deepika is scalding hot!
- A romantic 'Be intehaa' follows.
- Deepika shakes a leg to 'Angrezi beat' from 'Cocktail'. She looks stunning in black.
- So the exquisite Deepika Padukone is the first to perform on the stage. Boy! She's setting it on fire!
- Ritesh and Abhishek pull off a stunning Chaplinesque act on the stage.
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' is the second to be nominated in the category. 'Barfi!' makes it to the third. 'English Vinglish' is the fourth in the list. Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani' makes it to the list as well.
- The best films of the year are here in front of us - with 'Agneepath' being the first among the Best Film category nominations.
- The charming, witty actors take us to Zee Cine Awards 2012.
- With the background music of 'Sab se bada rupaiyya', the two tux-clad actors are all charged up to rock Mumbai!
- Hussain Kuwajerwala introduces the hosts for the night - Riteish Deshmukh and Abhishek Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali