The enclosures are lying empty and only a handful of people can be seen revolving round the cages.
The eggs, discovered in cliffs in Portugal, were laid by close relatives of "true" crocodiles, a group called crocodylomorphs, which according to palaeontologists, had been two metres long.
On Thursday, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA) carried out the first survey for 2017 over the area between Cairns and Townsville in Queensland state.
The vaccine is given orally, the developers said, which means it could be disguised in food and left out for the animals to eat – easier and less traumatic than darting.
RepuTex argued that the rising price and the falling cost of energy storage made renewable energy the cheapest source of reliable power in Australia.
The Bogoslof Volcano of Alaska that's been active since mid-December has erupted again and sends ash cloud all over the Aleutian Islands in the United States.
Scientists have recently developed a novel molecular gel that could come handy in neutralising lethal snake venom and that too cheaply.
The new species which measures just about two centimetres and was found in the Peruvian Andes, South America.
The poachers broke into the Thoiry Zoo forcing an outer gate and several doors open before shooting and killing the rhino.
In 2015, the average level of NO2, a toxic byproduct of diesel combustion, was 73 micrograms per cubic metre (ug/m3), as against the permissible annual average of 40 ug/m3.
It is the first time that the various stages of a mass extinction have been accurately understood and that scientists have been able to assess the major role played by volcanic explosions in these climate processes.
In tests, rubber made with the new fillers exceeds industrial standards for performance, which may ultimately open up new applications for rubber.
The 2 degrees Celsius target may be insufficient to prevent an ice-free Arctic, James Screen and Daniel Williamson of Exeter University in Britain wrote in the journal Nature Climate Change after a statistical review of ice projections.
Many Thais believe that throwing coins on turtles will bring longevity.
The male leopard cub was born on Wednesday (March 1) to Tula, a clouded leopard that was born and raised at the Nashville Zoo.
The Great Backyard Bird Count is the first online citizen-science project aimed at collecting data on wild birds and to display results in near real-time.
The study by researchers at by University of Reading in the UK shows airlines could make a large positive impact on climate change by altering flight routes to avoid areas where emissions have the largest impact.
The Greenpeace India said movement of goods through public transport systems such as railways is a cleaner way of transportation compared to the truck-based system.
After the rains failed for the third time in November, Mwalua was so distressed by the obviously weak and thirsty animals that he began seeking donations to bring water to the Taita Hills sanctuary.
The findings led by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) in the US could change how scientists think about many issues in Earth science including how ocean basins form.
Humans are curious to know why pandas have black and white patches on their body. Well, the giant pandas did not get their unique patches to look cute in human eyes.
Researchers have revealed that big muscles in the tails of early dinosaurs helped them move about on all fours and rise up on just their two back feet, new research suggests.
With a record six lakh Olive Ridley turtles converging on the sandy beach of Gahirmatha this year for the annual mass nesting, several million turtle eggs have been destroyed ironically by the turtles themselves due to space crunch leaving wildlife enthusiasts dismayed.
Bombay High Court has decided not to stop the public display of seven penguins, brought from South Korea to the Byculla zoo here, saying it cannot hastily conclude that they are not taken proper care.
This is because current thinking assumes that when a species vanishes, its role within an environment is lost too.
The study reveals that they accumulated multiple harmful mutations in their genome which may have hampered their ability to survive, before the giant animals went extinct thousands of years ago, a new study has found.
Introduced by the United Nations in 2013, World Wildlife Day is celebrated with a new theme each year and this year's theme is 'Listen to the Young Voices.'
The western zonal bench of judicial member U D Salvi and expert member Ranjan Chatterjee asked the Mumbai-based builder to deposit Rs 40 lakh with Lonavala Municipal Council for the restoration work.
The last primate found in the area was 38 years ago. So, in addition to being a new species, this is the first primate fossil found in the area in decades.
It said that the operation witnessed overwhelming response from states of Assam, Meghalaya, Maharashtra, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- DNA: Why India is lacking behind many countries in World happiness index?
- DNA: Today in history, 23 March 2017
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad hits Air India staffer with slipper; complainant says 'God save our country'
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?