`55 million Indians are obese`
Rajkot: Expressing concern over the increasing number of people suffering from obesity, a leading surgeon of the country said that around 55 million people of India are obese.
"Obesity is a disease and there are so many reasons behind obesity, like metabolic disorder, genetic problems, excessive inactivity and consumption of excess calories," Shah said adding that obesity is also linked to a number of diseases like diabetes and heart ailments.
Shah is a well-known obesity surgeon from Pune, who has performed over 2,000 obesity operations. He is claimed to be the first doctor, who performed an obesity operation in
comments powered by Disqus
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer