`55 million Indians are obese`
Rajkot: Expressing concern over the increasing number of people suffering from obesity, a leading surgeon of the country said that around 55 million people of India are obese.
"Obesity is a disease and there are so many reasons behind obesity, like metabolic disorder, genetic problems, excessive inactivity and consumption of excess calories," Shah said adding that obesity is also linked to a number of diseases like diabetes and heart ailments.
Shah is a well-known obesity surgeon from Pune, who has performed over 2,000 obesity operations. He is claimed to be the first doctor, who performed an obesity operation in
comments powered by Disqus
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!