`55 million Indians are obese`
Rajkot: Expressing concern over the increasing number of people suffering from obesity, a leading surgeon of the country said that around 55 million people of India are obese.
"Obesity is a disease and there are so many reasons behind obesity, like metabolic disorder, genetic problems, excessive inactivity and consumption of excess calories," Shah said adding that obesity is also linked to a number of diseases like diabetes and heart ailments.
Shah is a well-known obesity surgeon from Pune, who has performed over 2,000 obesity operations. He is claimed to be the first doctor, who performed an obesity operation in
comments powered by Disqus
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, terrorist killed
- Watch: James Mattis, Nirmala Sitharaman speak at India-US joint press briefing
- Honeypreet files anticipatory bail plea, claims threat to life
- 41-year-old woman detained at passport control for being 'too young'
- Newton for Oscars: Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra upset over film's entry?
- Donald Trump once wanted to have sex with Princess Diana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi retweets Sachin Tendulkar, Twitter goes beserk
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence