`55 million Indians are obese`
Rajkot: Expressing concern over the increasing number of people suffering from obesity, a leading surgeon of the country said that around 55 million people of India are obese.
"Obesity is a disease and there are so many reasons behind obesity, like metabolic disorder, genetic problems, excessive inactivity and consumption of excess calories," Shah said adding that obesity is also linked to a number of diseases like diabetes and heart ailments.
Shah is a well-known obesity surgeon from Pune, who has performed over 2,000 obesity operations. He is claimed to be the first doctor, who performed an obesity operation in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights